Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Teaching Our Dolls How to Brush













Our kids are both very into their oral hygiene and are obsessed with brushing their teeth. Well, Addison hasn't been taking her afternoon naps as well as in the past so I now just ask her to stay up in her bed. I heard a bunch of noises coming from her room and walking around upstairs so I popped up to her room to check what was going on. She was quite startled when I walked in, but I soon figured out why. She had about 10 of her stuffed animals all over the ground, on her bed and dresser laying down with books laid on top of them as if they were reading. But I also noticed this overwhelming minty smell. I bent down and saw some blue pastey stuff on her teddy bear's mouth, then the koala, and then her brand new Cinderella doll. I asked what she was doing. She said she was brushing their teeth.












I immediately start cleaning some of the toys up, but then I had to run down stairs to get my camera. I explained that we don't brush our animals teeth and I moved their baby toothpaste to the top of our medicine cabinet which she wasn't too happy about. After I got most of the toys picked up and cleaned up I noticed that the leg on her big teddy bear was wet and sticky. I smelt it and it had lavender scent to it. Addison told me that the bear was dirty so she was cleaning it with her lavender bath soap...in her bedroom!!!! Silly girl that Addison Marie. I had to about soak the teddy bear to get the soap out and let hang to dry in the bathroom. It's hard to believe that leaving her upstairs to "rest" made way more work for me...we'll have to figure something else out for quiet time.

No comments: