Thursday, February 11, 2010

12 Pounds and Counting...

For the past 4 1/2 weeks Kevin and I have been hard core on losing some extra weight for health reasons and to fit back into some clothes. It has been almost 1 1/2 years since I had Harrison and I just got tired of only being able to wear 3 pairs of jeans, so I wanted to get serious about doing something. We have both tried the South Beach Diet in the past and thought we would really follow it and not try to be too extreme and I took on a personal challenge of trying to find make meals and foods that didn't make us feel like we were on a diet.

Well, we have both worked really hard and I am now 12 lbs lighter than I was at the first of the year!!! I am 138 lbs and I haven't been at that weight since college and I'm loving it!!!!! I am fitting back into a lot of clothes and I've found that other clothes are now way to big. Kevin has lost 18 lbs and is looking great and feeling great as well.

We are still sticking close to the Phase 2 of the South Beach until we reach goal weights. We have had some splurge moments - going out for Burns' Night and a few days over Addie's birthday with all the sweets in the house, but for the most part it's working great. It has been hard not being able to eat pasta, rice, and potatoes but it's all been worth the short term for the long term effects.

You'll have to wait to see pictures when we reach our goal weights but keep praying for us that we can keep at it. I have been working hard to find "legal" foods for us to eat and have got some great new recipes for them so if you are interested in trying out the diet for yourself check out my other blog site for all our weekly menus and recipes!!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Congrats!!! I would LOVE to lose 12 lbs.!!! What a great feeling. I was checking out Addison's b-day party postings...WOW!!! That was a lot of work and everything looked amazing. She will always remember the effort you put into her parties :)