Today is Addison's 3rd Birthday!!!!! We've all been pretty psyched up for this day ever since Christmas was over. It is actually really nice to have something in the middle of the lull of winter to look forward too. We had lots of things planned for today so we started things out in full swing with her getting to open some presents. Auntie Min and Uncle Danny had ordered an Aqua Pad from Tesco to be delivered the day before her birthday. She absolutely loved it and it was also a great toy for Harry to play along with her.

That night we had a nice "healthy" supper after splurging at McDonald's and I made a "healthy" chocolate cake for us to share as a family. Yes, I used Splenda and whole wheat flour to make this tiny chocolate cake so it fit with our diet. (Sorry Addie but you get the full fat, full sugar one on Saturday!!!)
Ironically, Addison has been going on for weeks about how excited she is for her princess party, but for her birthday present she wanted a choo-choo train!!! A Thomas the Tank Engine one of all things. Well, I figured it would be a good way to start a nice collection of train tracks for both of the kids so we got Addie the Figure 8 Stop and Go set.

Before he headed off to school, Sammy stopped over with a gift for Addison. Simon and Sarah and family had gotten Addie a super cute apron that said Mummy's Little Helper and also a Dora light that changes colors. She as so excited!!!
We had to get our breakfast done and all of us had to get ready for toddler playgroup where we got to bring brownie cupcakes for all the kids to share and Addison got to ride on the parachute as we sang Happy Birthday to her and her friend Ella who's birthday was last week.
After playgroup we had a surprise for Addison. We went to go pick up Daddy from work and got to have lunch at McDonald's. This was a special treat for all of us since Kevin and I hadn't eatten French Fries in over a month while being on our diets so I savored every single one of them!!!! The kids enjoyed their fish finger happy meals and balloons and then we had to head home to get Addie's birthday cake made.
We got out the train set so we could play with it and between that and the Aquapad the two kids were pretty busy all afternoon.
Well they really got entertained when I decided that I was sick of how messy the closet was and started sorting out some winter items that we didn't need downstairs anymore. The kids dug through the basket of hats, scarves, and mittens and got themselves dressed up. They completely refused to take any of it off for almost an hour, but they had fun and I got my closet cleaned out.
That night we had a nice "healthy" supper after splurging at McDonald's and I made a "healthy" chocolate cake for us to share as a family. Yes, I used Splenda and whole wheat flour to make this tiny chocolate cake so it fit with our diet. (Sorry Addie but you get the full fat, full sugar one on Saturday!!!)Addie didn't seem to mind the healthy cake...chocolate is chocolate!!! I did manage to dress it up with some pretty sprinkles, candles and one of her little princess dolls. She really enjoyed blowing out her candles and asked for more presents after dinner. We told her that we got to all wrestle in the living room and that was better than opening any presents for her.


1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADDIE!!!
Post a Comment