
This morning the kids and I went over to Min's to help bake sugar cookies for the Year 1 Wedding to be on Thursday. It was a special event for us all since Min's daughter, Yi Xuen, was to be the bride. So apparently the mother of the bride is in charge of cookies for the reception.
Addison jumped right in to help us and I think got more flour on the floor than on the counter for the cookies. Min is so wonderful with Addison and so patient, so much more than I tend to be and that's probably why she likes going to "Auntie" Min's house more than being at home. (Plus I think Min slips sweeties to her a little more often than I do to).

We all had such a wonderful time and it ended up taking us about 4 hours to make 70+ cookies from start to finish. We are trying to get in as many of these special moments with Min before she leaves. We have taught each other so much about life, our different cultures, motherhood, cooking, dealing with husbands who work for CAT, and much more. I will miss her soooooooooooooooo much!!!!!
2 comments:
Do you still have your recipe blog?? I would love to have the recipe for those cookies!! I feel so bad for you that Min is moving!! I know she has helped you a ton.
I just caught up on all of your blog entries. Love reading about your daily adventures and seeing the pictures. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. ;o) The cookies, the Eton Mess, and the banana bread look yummy!!! Miss you...
Post a Comment