Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gathering at the Pub













We wanted to hang out at the Blue Bell one last time so we invited up some of our neighbors to hang out with us and reminisce. It was so nice to see them come and share a few drinks and memories with us. Sandra and Alan lived across the street to the left from us....Alan being from Scotland had a hoot with us when we hung up our American flag during the World Cup. This couple has two super cute twin boys, Andrew and William, and it has been a joy to know them and see them walk their two huge dogs every day (one now in doggie heaven). Sandra shared with me how her ironing room looks out over the front of our house and told me how much she loved watching our children standing in the kitchen window sill every morning waving to Kevin as he headed off to work.












Jane and Alan Wright, along with their adorable children, Jack and Holli, live directly across the street from us and have been so wonderful as well. Our children played a lot together out in the street and we had fun visiting with each other while watching them.

Other neighbors, Kev and Cheryl Scott, Simon and Sarah, Linda Pilsworth, and Debra Lakey and the Beales' came up to hang out with us as well.













Of all the pubs we've been to, I never got to get behind the bar. I always want to pull a pint of beer...(well, I didn't really get to do it but I got to at least pose like I had.)



















I think Kevin would have liked to have just transported the whole bar back to America with us. We so loved going to the pub, especially in the summer time when the kids could run around in the back garden and play on the swings and play football. Pubs are nothing like anything else I can think of in the US, other than meeting up at a good friends house for a few drinks and good times and feel that you bring your kids along as well.

No comments: