
On Tuesday, I brought my grandma and aunt to the airport so they could venture off to Barcelona to visit their nephew Tim who teaches at the university there. So as I dropped them off, Auntie Crystal got to spend some quality time with Addie. Crystal taught Addie how to put on makeup and spoiled her with tons of sweets, but that's what aunties are for. For the next couple of days Crystal and I just got to hang out with each other. I brought her a long to our ISE tea so she could meet all my friends. Also that night we got to enjoy some of Min's amazing homemade Chinese cooking as we celebrated Danny's birthday. Crystal was getting a lot of firsts this week - first time eating potato salad, eating salmon, and Tuesday she tried her first curry and other Chinese dishes.
Wednesday night we did a girl's night with Sarah and Min to watch "Sex in the City" at the cinema. Crystal had been dying to watch this movie and was going to miss the opening in the States because she was in the UK. We both laughed and cried and thought the film was great. She had to pee during the whole movie but didn't get up because she didn't want to miss a second and for those of you who have been pregnant you know how hard it is to hold on that long.

When Grandma and Aunt Barb got back thought we should bring the girls out to a great English meal at one of our favorite pubs - The Black Horse in Elton. Since Crystal's birthday was the next day and we were headed out to London early in the morning, I made a birthday cake for her. I knew she loved angel food cake but I couldn't find a mix for it so I asked what she'd like instead and she said white cake with white frosting.

Since they don't have mixes for that as well here I reverted back to my homemade recipe that has gotten some pretty good reviews from the girls at our get-togethers. Well something happened and my cake totally flopped. Everyone was super nice and said it tasted good, but I finally got my sister to admit the next day that it wasn't very good. She thought the thought was wonderful - it's that what sisters are for.
No comments:
Post a Comment