We had so much fun sledding yesterday that everyone headed out today for a little excitement. Both kids had a blast riding up the little cable cars especially Harrison. We bundled him up as warm as we could because he hadn't been doing to well with the cold, he looks so stinking cute.
Here is our whole family getting ready to head down the the sledding run. Kevin got down the run about 100 yards and Harrison started screaming his head....poor guy. We took turns carrying him and trying to get him to ride again.
While I carried Harrison a bit, Kevin had a go on the sled and Grandma Sally got to ride with Addison. I think Addie like going with Grandma best because the sled didn't seem to go nearly as fast as when she's with mommy and daddy. I think Sally wore off the back of her boots by braking so hard the whole way. I finally figured out what was up with Harrison, he hadn't had his morning nap yet and cold weather with little, little people = tired and cranky. I finally turned him around to face me and squeezed him hard into his blanky and started heading down the hill. Within 30 seconds he had stopped crying and fell asleep.
We stopped at a little Italian restaurant at the bottom of the sledding run for lunch. Grandpa taught Addison a new way to eat her pasta.
Harrison slept for a bit at the restaurant but woke up and threw quite a fit. One of the waitresses (not able to speak much English) pointed to a spare room upstairs so I could settle him down. As I got him back to sleep I got to admire this amazing hidden treasure of a traditional Swiss room. It was a bit cold up there, but I held as still as I could to help him sleep more. Sally brought me up some pizza which got cold immediately but it still tasted great. We left Harry to sleep for a while so Grandpa showed Addison how to use the stencils. We wanted to let Harry sleep as long as we could so I rode one of the sleds all the way home with Harrison in my arms. Now this may sound like a great deal not having to walk but it was painstakingly tough to hold that position and not being able to move. But my little guy is totally worth it.
Since the kids had such a "tramatic" day we thought we would let them have a little treat that night by having a little ice cream. Addison is such a good big sister and helps feed her brother and she actually gave him more than what she would take for herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment