
Okay...it was one of those days that I felt like taking a different route home so I could see something new and so I did...with no SatNav or anything...just a general idea of which direction to go to end up near home. Just a little mini adventure but so worth the extra time it took. I encountered what is called a "gated level crossing" which essentially was a railroad crossing out in a very remote area that instead of the automatic arms, they actually have a person who closes and opens up the gates when trains come and go. I had read about them when I studied for my theory driving test and was so excited to encounter one. The sign says "Ring Bell for Gates" so I had to get out of the car and ring the little bell.

It literally took 15 minutes to wait for 6 different trains to pass by and then the guy came out of the little building and opened up the gates.
No comments:
Post a Comment