Well, I'm a glutten for punishment because yesterday I attempted to head to the store again with my two little ones because, yes, we ran out of milk again! Things started out great and then with two things left on my list, Addison decides she wants to get out of the cart and can't get up. She starts crying and throws the hugest fit. Then Harrison joined in because sissy was crying next to him. Okay, so I'm at the checkout with two screaming children and everyone passing by is saying, "Oh, looks like someone's upset." I am pleading Addie to relax and talked as calmly as I could. I felt all the eyes staring at us and I just wanted to scream outloud and then break down crying, but I didn't. Why do I put myself into these situations? On the other hand why do I keep letting myself run out of milk?? When Kevin got home and after putting Addie to bed, I cried a lot and felt completely inadequate as a mother. He was very supportive and told me that I did the right things and reassured me that it was a phase she was going through. We decided we needed to help each other and Addison get through it as best as we can so any advice that any of you mommies and daddies have out there would be appreciated, because I can so see myself ending up on the "Super Nanny" show someday...well, I hope not.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Shopping with Two Under Two
Well, I'm a glutten for punishment because yesterday I attempted to head to the store again with my two little ones because, yes, we ran out of milk again! Things started out great and then with two things left on my list, Addison decides she wants to get out of the cart and can't get up. She starts crying and throws the hugest fit. Then Harrison joined in because sissy was crying next to him. Okay, so I'm at the checkout with two screaming children and everyone passing by is saying, "Oh, looks like someone's upset." I am pleading Addie to relax and talked as calmly as I could. I felt all the eyes staring at us and I just wanted to scream outloud and then break down crying, but I didn't. Why do I put myself into these situations? On the other hand why do I keep letting myself run out of milk?? When Kevin got home and after putting Addie to bed, I cried a lot and felt completely inadequate as a mother. He was very supportive and told me that I did the right things and reassured me that it was a phase she was going through. We decided we needed to help each other and Addison get through it as best as we can so any advice that any of you mommies and daddies have out there would be appreciated, because I can so see myself ending up on the "Super Nanny" show someday...well, I hope not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The nice thing about kids is they go through "Phases"...this will pass and it will be something else. I will remind you of this wonderful time when you are up late waiting for Addison to get home from her date...yep...won't that make you want to cry...it could be MY SON making the moves on her....I need to stop before I cry!! It will pass...seriously.
Did I ever tell you that I used to have to bring rope with me to the grocery store to tie Amy down? I remember all too well the days of shopping with toddler Amy and baby Emily... it was STRESSFUL! Next time you want to make a quick trip to the store, you should leave at least one of your kids at my house (Emily would be glad to have someone to play with).
Post a Comment