Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Proud Parents

Today was the first day that I coined the phrase "honey, what should we do with "the kids" today? Wow, that was so cool to say...."the kids". I thought it was amazing to have one child but there is nothing like having the second one come around. We are on our way to reaching that 2.1 average number of kids in a "typical" American family. This week has been pretty amazing. I love the fact that Kevin has been able to spend the whole week with us. Paternity leave is definitely something I think the US should try adopting a little bit more. Obviously it's important for women to get time off to recover physically and bond with the child, but it is so important for the father to get to bond. In the UK, the guys can often get two weeks off to spend with their family and we have been lucky that Kevin got a week to spend with us. We've captured some pretty amazing moments with our kiddos and it has truly been a blessing that we have been able to spend all this time together.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Absolutely precious pictures! I am so glad that Kevin has been able to spend the entire week with you, Addison, and Harrison at home. Paternity leave is definitely something that the U.S. should take into consideration and adopt into their culture. Enjoy every moment...

Stacey said...

I have been patiently waiting for more pics. and was so happy when I looked today! I know you are beyond busy but I will love watching Harrison grow! I loved when Kyle had off for the week (although he worked at home most of the day). It was just nice having him there and being able to pick the kids up from school and stuff. You guys look very happy!!! Enjoy every moment-Beckett is almost 8 mo.!!! Time flies.