Monday, August 25, 2008

Patience is a Virtue

It's Monday morning and I am still pregnant...this means I am officially 3 days over due. I took some time to reflect on this after doing some reading through all my pregnancy books as I worry about how big this child might be getting. Addison was 8 lb 9 oz and due I guess what would be considered 2 days late. I've been doing everything they say to do to "get labor going" - eating fresh pineapple, I got my foot rub, we've been going on walks everyday and I stay active, but only a couple contractions a day. Kevin and I keep asking each other each morning, "Is today the day?" and then when I head to bed at night I say "Better luck tomorrow I guess" But as we come to our last day of this Bank Holiday weekend, I started to feel guilty and I opened another book. My recent book club selection called "Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets them Free" because I remembered one of the Truths that I needed to review - It's not about me, it's about Him. God's eternal purposes and plans are far more important than the things that fill our vision and consume our thinking (p. 265) I have to remember that this baby will come on God's time and I need to enjoy each day that I have as it come, no matter what comes with it. We have had a great weekend so far with some lovely weather. We got Addison's new room put together pretty well, just waiting on her new mattress that is coming in Dobberfuhl's sea shipment. We got to go up to city centre on Saturday morning and get a hot roll and people watch...something we haven't done as a family for a very long time. Today we plan to have a picnic at Burghley House or something else that sparks our interest...whatever it is, it will be fun and we'll enjoy the last few times we have just the "three" of us. I need to "let go and let God" determine when this trio will finally become a quartet.

8 comments:

Holli said...

just checking in... and Corrina that is the right attitude! God always has a plan and it is the PERFECT PLAN!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Love you!

Holli said...

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart: wait I say on the Lord". Psalm 27:14

Emily said...

Hang in there, Corrina!
We're all praying for you.

Stacey said...

Okay, now that you have "surrendered" the baby will come soon. I understand your frustrations. Try and focus on the warm thoughts everyone is having about you. Just remember, he is easier to take care of inside of you than outside.

Anonymous said...

You are right. Enjoy every moment you 3 together. Be Happy ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Dea Family! We thought for sure there would be news that you had had the baby over the weekend! Keep your chin up and you're all in our prayers!

Karen, Craig, and Emma Oest

Anonymous said...

So looking forward to seeing pictures of your little one when he comes...Good luck and our prayers are with you!

MomDea said...

Corrina, sounds like you have your head on straight... we are so proud of you.... one day at a time... everybody is praying for you. Mom Dea