Saturday, March 29, 2008

Discovering the Library

Today we decided to visit the Peterborough library for a mini family excursion. I thought that it would be good for us to take up some other activities like reading in the evenings other than watching old re-runs of Law and Order and Crossing Jordan every night. As I mentioned earlier I'm not a huge book reader, but I love anything with pictures and books with topics that I can use the information right away. The library ended up having a huge section of travel books and gardening...two of my favorite activities. I grabbed a couple of books on Munich, Germany since we are going there in a few weeks and a book on Ireland since we are going their with my in-laws at the end of June. I've also been itching to plant some flowers and dig in the dirt since the weather has been getting nicer, so I grabbed a few books on container gardening...something I haven't been good at in the past. I figured that if I was going to try it again because we need some color around our back garden. I also figured that this way I could get some nice new pots and such that I could bring back home with me. Kevin found himself a book on his favorite tycoon...Warren Buffet. He was pretty excited and started in on it right away when we got home. Addison did get to join in the fun by getting her own library card. She's still in the stage of wanting to tear up her own books and I didn't fee like buying any books from the library this time around. Also Kevin and I took turns reading to her in the children's library as the other went to look for books. Funny thing is that while I went to look for books, I didn't get too far before I started to hear a little voice call out "ma ma ma" and little feet pattering away. Yes...my little one got loose and was in search of her mommy. During her search she got soooo excited to see all the books at her disposal that she started pulling random books off the shelves. I guess she was a good way to keep me from picking out too many books, since I didn't want her to end up bothering the other people with my very, very expressive and joyfully loud daughter.

No comments: